The partnership of school, student, parents and carers is very important to the College. In the past we have used the Parent Voice meeting as a forum for parents and carers to offer feedback to the College in order for us to improve our practice. This Academic Year, in order to reach more parents, I am trialling a new forum for ‘Parent Voice’, by using ‘Schoolcomms’. All parents and carers will be invited to respond to a question and feedback on a range of important topics.
The first topic for discussion this academic year is Parent & Student Evenings: What makes a meaningful consultation for you?
Please send your responses to: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
I would also like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to a new provision: at each of our Parent & Student Evenings throughout the year there will be ‘drop in’ desks located in the Dining Room at which you can access the following services:
- Student Support – including Mental Health and Wellbeing;
- IT Team – Advice on ICT and using GO4Schools;
- Careers – Advice on Further Education, Apprenticeships;
- Revision – Sixth Formers will offer advice on revision techniques and study skills;
- Resources - Revision guides and stationary will be available for purchasing;
- The Library (ARC) – Student librarians will offer an insight into the ARC;
- FoTC – Friends of Thurston College.
You can drop-in to these at any time throughout the evening.