Finance & Facilities Manager
Required for December 2019
41 weeks per year: 24 hrs per week
Grade 6: Hourly rate £18.46
As the Finance and Facilities Manager you will be responsible to the Principal and together with our supportive and friendly Business Leadership Team you will ensure the smooth running of all the College business functions.
You will have specific overall responsibility for Finance and Facilities including Health and Safety, Service Contracts, Lettings and College Minibuses. You will lead and manage the Finance and Facilities Teams to ensure efficient and effective service to the College.
You will also be required to proactively plan for the long term strategic future of the College, alongside managing the day to day demands of the role.
You will have a flexible approach, be a team player, proactive, organised, confident and calm in dealing with a range of people in a busy environment.
We are looking for a candidate who ideally has:
- experience of working in education
- experience of Strategic Management;
- experience of Business and Financial Management
- Certificate or Diploma in Schools Business Management or financial qualification or relevant training
- experience of budgetary management and control within an organisation
- knowledge of schools’ financial administration
- experience or general understanding of procurement, risk assessment and health & safety
- excellent organisational and leadership skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- the ability to analyse problems, reach considered judgements, resolve issues and delegate effectively.
- up to date knowledge of and practice in SIMS (training may be provided)
- thorough working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel
In return we can offer you:
- a friendly, supportive and dedicated team of staff and governors
- continued professional development and training as well as promoting a harmonious work/life balance
- working and networking with other local schools and the wider community
- the opportunity to make a clear and tangible difference to the quality of education provided in the school
Deadline for Applications: 9:00am Monday 24 June 2019
Thurston Community College is a thriving mixed comprehensive school which boasts a strong sense of community, a supportive, caring ethos and a positive, friendly atmosphere. Thurston Community College offers an exciting, dynamic learning environment, where students display a positive attitude to learning and make good progress.
“The behaviour of pupils is good. Pupils enjoy school and say that they feel well supported. Most groups of pupils, including the most able and those who are disadvantaged, now make strong progress from their starting points.” (Ofsted March 2018)
Staff work collaboratively, share a common sense of purpose and are relentless in the pursuit of outcomes of the highest quality for every student.
“Staff morale is high and most staff are positive about the leadership and management of the school. This is because leaders have provided them with high-quality training and supported their development well at all levels. Newly qualified and trainee teachers are passionate advocates of the school and its pupils. School leaders support them well and subject leaders develop their teaching skills through regular mentoring and effective support.” (Ofsted March 2018)
Thurston Community College enjoys a rural location with free parking and convenient transport links to Cambridge, Ipswich and London. If you are excited by this post, its challenges and opportunities; if you relish the prospect of joining our team of outstanding staff; please submit an application form. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. We very much look forward to hearing from you.